Installing Microix WCF Service
The Microix WCF service is a SOAP based service that is deployed on Microsoft IIS Server 2012 or higher and servers two purposes:
- It allows our barcode devices to communicate in real time over a WIFI LAN connection or a WAN connection if the service is accessible through the fire wall over the WAN ( http://microix.info/helpdesk/KB/View/20788-connecting-barcode-device-to-wifi-and-wcf-service )
- It allows our time clock hardware to send its data over the WAN from a remote site to your on premise or cloud installed Microix/MIP server ( http://microix.info/helpdesk/KB/View/7237-how-to-install-microix-timeclock-manager-mbit--on-premise-and-offsitehosting )
- Before installing, verify the WCF Services are activated on .NET 4.5 or higher
- Install Microix WCF service (http://www.microix.info/download/cd/Wcfsetup.zip )and accept all defaults. When asked to enter your SQL server information, enter the SQL Server name along with your Microix database name
- After the installation is completed, test the connection by following the steps shown in the screen shot below. If you are able to see the web page shown in step 5 then most likely the service was installed successfully.